Recipe adapted from Roasted Red Pepper and Cauliflower Soup – Food Dolls.
I make this every year on my birthday because it’s a warm, savory veggie bisque, and something about that just speaks to my soul.
Roasted Red Pepper & Cauliflower Soup
- 16 oz tomatoes (frozen or canned local tomatoes from summer past)
- 1 head of cauliflower
- Half a bunch of carrots
- 1 head garlic, separated and peeled
- 1 shallot or small red onion
- 16 oz jar roasted red pepper
- Optional: This recipe allows you to sneak in any fresh greens from your fridge that might need to get used up. Spinach works great in this recipe.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Cracked pepper to taste
- 14.5 oz full-fat coconut milk
- Set your oven to 400°F.
- Chop your veggies, then add them together in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt, toss to coat all veggies, and let them sit for 15 minutes. This simple step draws away moisture and brings out their flavor.
- Using a colander, drain your roasted red peppers.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, cauliflower, carrots, shallot, roasted red pepper, and any greens to a baking dish. Season with pepper and a little salt. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes. Remove your baking dish and add your greens. Using tongs or a spoon, toss again to coat.
- Roast for 20-25 more minutes. (If you don’t have any greens, you can skip the above step and just roast for 40-45 minutes).
- Remove baking dish from oven and transfer to a soup pot. Using an immersion blender, blend together well.
- Add coconut milk and blend again.
- Garnish with croutons, sprouts, or another dash of coconut milk.
This recipe goes great with garlic bread or toasted baguettes topped with olive oil, garlic, Italian herbs, and feta.
Lily Venable is the Social Media Coordinator for Taste the Local Difference. Christina Marbury is the Marketing Director for Taste the Local Difference.