Taste the Local Difference is a women-owned marketing & media company specializing in communication strategy for Michigan’s local food businesses. We are passionate about education, building relationships and empowering entrepreneurs. Our team supports purpose-driven brands throughout the state of Michigan in local food and agriculture.
We offer our staff flexible schedules and a remote work environment that strives to create a healthy work-life balance. Our team is passionate about what we do and effective at collaboration despite our locations throughout the state. As a growing business, we encourage staff members to participate in business development and grow their careers here at TLD. Our staff is provided health benefits, paid holidays, generous PTO, and more.
Director of Impact
The Director of Impact reports to the CEO and is primarily responsible for securing technical assistance contracts with non-profit organizations, government agencies, economic development organizations, and other community impact partners. Significant time and strategic design will also be spent showcasing the impact of TLD services on the local food and farming sector, through testimonials, metrics, and data collection.
The Director of Impact is expected to:
- Network with Economic Development Agencies and Community Impact Partners (20%)
- Be a public face for TLD at regional and national conferences
- Build relationships and set appropriate cadence for check-ins
- Manage relationships and important communications in CRM system
- Develop Proposals and Manage Contracts for Technical Assistance (TA) Referrals (40%)
- Meet Marketing TA Referral Contract Revenue Quota
- Develop pipeline for other team members to help deliver/refer leads
- Build out and Manage Program Budgets (25%)
- Programs primarily geared towards Marketing TA assistance with some additional meetings and strategic initiatives built into funding.
- Budgeting in collaboration with CEO
- Manage Deliverables and Reporting as needed
- Develop Strategy around Metrics and Data Collection. (5%)
- Project management to ensure appropriate data is collected.
- Prioritize long-term funding, economic development, and community impact
- Lead collection and reporting on Key Performance Indicators
- Participate in Leadership Team Decision Making and Strategy (10%)
- Work with Sales Team on Effective Strategies for Business Development
- Lead Meetings on KPI analysis and Impact Reports
- Marketing/Sales experience
- Experience in People Management
- Comfort in Networking and Public Speaking
- Organized and Detail Oriented
- CRM experience
- Business Mindset
- Project Management experience
Salary Range: $50,000-$68,000 based on experience. This leadership level role can expect projected salary growth by meeting or exceeding performance expectations.
Benefits: Flexible Schedule, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Time, 2 Weeks Paid Vacation, Employer Stipend for Health Insurance Plan, 401K Match, Opt-in Short Term Disability Group Rates, Paid Expenses, Cell Phone Stipend, Opportunity for Growth, Ongoing Reviews and Performance Evaluations.
Taste the Local Difference is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans to apply. This staff member can live anywhere in Michigan.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Social Media Specialist
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for the management of TLD Social Campaign Strategy. This includes content planning, strategy, and project management. In addition, they participate in collective Marketing & Media Team efforts and fulfillment of client Marketing projects. The Social Media Specialist reports directly to the Media & Brand Manager and the Marketing Director. This position is 30-35 hours per week.
The TLD Social Media Specialist is expected to:
- Oversee social media campaign strategy and develop content.
- Collectively develop goals and measurable outcomes for content with Media & Brand Manager
- Collaborate on content themes and ideas
- Develop and schedule social media content for both Taste the Local Difference Meta accounts (@tastethelocaldifference and @localfoodmarketing)
- Assist Media & Brand Manager with Local Food Guide and Holiday Gift Guide promotion campaigns and content tasks.
- Support fulfillment of client marketing services through delegated fulfillment tasks. These include but are not limited to:
- Social media account audits and strategy development
- Content development
- Contribute and review other TLD Media content as needed including but not limited to blogs, consumer newsletters, Local Food Guide stories, and the Michigan Local Gift Guide. These tasks will typically be requested by the Media & Brand Manager or Content Strategy Specialist.
- Effective writing and communications experience
- Digital marketing skills, with at least 2 years of experience in social media management
- Experience in Local Food Systems, preferably in Michigan
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Eye for Design
- Quick learner
- Strong Communicator
- Self-directed and comfortable with remote-based work
Salary Range: $34,000-$37,000
Benefits: Flexible Schedule, Paid Holidays, 60 Hours Paid Vacation, 30 Hours Sick Time, Low Deductible Health Insurance Plan, 401K, Opt-in Short Term Disability Group Rates, Paid Expenses, Cell Phone Stipend, Opportunity for Growth, Ongoing Reviews and Performance Evaluations, Equity options available.
Taste the Local Difference is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans to apply.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]