This recipe was reposted with permission from Granor Farm. Head to their site for more great seasonal recipes!
This is a bright, light and not at all mayonnaise-y version of coleslaw.
- 3 kohlrabi
- 4 carrots
- 1/2 head red cabbage
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 3 limes, zest, and juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup almonds, toasted
- Peel the kohlrabi and cut it into matchsticks
- Shave the carrots into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- Shave the cabbage thinly
- Roughly chop the cilantro
- Combine the vegetables and cilantro with the lime zest, juice, and olive oil with a big pinch of salt and pepper
- Roughly chop the almonds and add to the salad