This 100-page magazine celebrates Michigan’s vibrant local food culture and the hardworking food businesses that make it all possible.
In addition to local food and farm business listings categorized by region, this year’s guide contains:
- Regional and statewide features including stories about:
- Incubator kitchens in Southeast Michigan
- Distillers using Michigan-grown grains
- Farm to School efforts in the U.P.
- Southwest Michigan’s unique wine flavors
- Local Recipes (Here’s a sneak peek at the Carnitas and Garden Fiesta Rice recipe from Cold Creek Farm in Benzonia)
- Seasonality Map (English and Spanish!)
- A guide to reducing food waste in the kitchen brought to you by Make Food Not Waste
- and so much more!
We hope that this guide inspires you to discover and support the amazing food businesses in your area.
Pre-order your copy now and be among the first to experience this celebration of Michigan’s local food community! Shipping begins late May!
***Please note that Taste the Local Difference distributes the Local Food Guide throughout the state and it’s available FREE to pick up. The preorder option is for folks who’d like a guide delivered. If you’d rather head to your local farmers market or one of our other delivery locations, we encourage you to do so!