We all have a stake in our food system and environment. Since 2004, Taste the Local Difference has continued to change the culture around local food by promoting the importance of buying and sourcing locally. Each year, we feature thousands of Michigan farmers, brewers, restaurants, local grocers, and more in our 2 magazine-style annual Guides to Local Food. More than that, we work directly with these businesses to excel and improve Michigan’s local food economy. Our work aims to get more local food sold.
What keeps our team going?
- We are fired up about preserving farmland throughout the state. We want young people to view farming as a viable career option.
- We are committed to building authentic collaborative relationships between local food businesses in Michigan.
- We want to build vibrant local economies, by keeping money multiplying within the community.
- We encourage communities to support new farmers and local food businesses to help them thrive.
- We educate consumers about the benefits of knowing where their food comes from and buying real, local food.
At Taste the Local Difference, we know that every part of the food system is connected and that we all have to play our part. All of our work aims to foster relationships between thoughtful businesses and supportive communities. This is an important aspect for the future of Michigan’s local food economy, as well as for the future of the planet.
Emma Beauchamp is the Communications Manager for TLD. She has been a member of the team since August 2016. Contact her at [email protected]
Read more stories on our blog.