Market Blueberry Vegan Scones
Yield: 12 scones
|4 1/2 cups||all-purpose flour|
|1/2 cup||cane sugar|
|2 tablespoons||baking powder|
|1/4 tablespoon||sea salt|
|3/4 cup||vegan butter|
|1 1/2 cups||market blueberries, frozen|
|1 cup||coconut milk|
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Portion vegan butter into 1/4 inch cubes. Cut the butter into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter, two forks, or your fingers until the butter is pea-sized.
- Slowly mix in the coconut milk until moistened, then gently fold in the frozen blueberries.
- Pour dough mixture onto the counter and, with floured hands, work the dough into a ball. Add more flour or coconut milk as needed for dough moisture. Press ball into a 1-inch thick disk and cut into 12 wedge portions.
- Arrange scones 1 inch apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet and let chill in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350°. Bake for 20 minutes, rotating halfway through, or until golden brown around the edges.
- Enjoy with local butter, honey, or jam.