Local Jam Thumbprints
- 2 cups whole wheat flower (Liberty Farms Whole Wheat)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 c. maple sugar (Marquette Maple Company)
- 1 large egg (BSB Farms)
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 7.75 oz jar of your favorite local jam! (Alex used Drunken Peach from Yooper Sisters)
Preheat oven to 350º and line two baking sheets with parchment.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
In another bowl, beat butter and sugar for 2 minutes.
Beat in egg and vanilla, then add dry ingredients in two batches until incorporated.
Form into roughly 1’’ in diameter balls and place on baking sheets.
Press your thumb into center of each ball, and fill with jam.
Bake until edges of cookies are golden, 13 to 15 minutes.
Cool on the counter, set on a paper back to absorb any excess fat while cooling.
Recipe inspired by: Lindsay Funston, Delish, 2021
Try our other Statewide Cookie Swap Recipes!
Alex Palzewicz is TLD’s UP Local Food Coordinator. You can reach her at [email protected]